Institut für Kognitionswissenschaft

Institute of Cognitive Science

Osnabrück University navigation and search

Main content

Top content


What is the ERASMUS code of the University of Osnabrück?

Where do I find the ISCE-Code?
Check the contract here.

Who is the "Institutional ERASMUS Coordinator"?
Laura Rohe/International Office

Who is the "Academic Advisor"?
Prof. Dr. Sven Walter/IKW

Who is the "Departmental ERASMUS Coordinator"?
Petra Dießel/IKW/Mobility Office

What is the email address for the OLA (Online-Learning-Agreement)?

Do I need a language certificate English for the application in January?

Can I submit the application via email?

Should I apply for a semester off?

If you take a leave of absence for the obligatory stay abroad, you can still take exams in Osnabrück. Therefore, it is recommended to apply for a leave of absence in the Bachelor's program (Studierendensekretariat).

The only advantage of staying enrolled is that you can validate your CampusCard, which means that when you return you will have the semester ticket again and can pay cashless in the Mensa (but of course you will then pay the full amount).

Can I apply for ERASMUS+ and University Partnerships (HSP) at the same time?

There are the following possibilities:

Up to 4 ERASMUS+ applications and up to 2 HSP.

Or 3 HSP and no ERASMUS+ application.

However, the application procedures are different:

For HSP, please contact Beate Teutloff at the International Office.

For ERASMUS+ applications please contact Petra Dießel at the Mobility Office of the IKW.

An internship can also be done additionally.

What is supported by ERASMUS+?
Up to 12 months in one study cycle.

Is it possible to extend the ERASMUS stay?
Theoretically, an extension of the stay is possible if both the host university and the department (IKW - agree and if the place quota at the host university still allows it.

The approval can be obtained by email and must then be forwarded to Laura Rohe. She will then check whether an extension of the funding is possible. Otherwise, an extension without funding would also be possible (this is called a zero grant and is the difference between the actual length of stay (mobility phase) and the financially funded length of stay (Erasmus funding period).

In addition, a new LA or Changes to LA must be submitted, listing the courses for the spring semester (another 24 - 30 ECTS for the spring semester). Subsequently - after the extension of the funding has been checked by Laura Rohe - she will send the amended funding agreement.

The approval and the "Changes to LA" must be handed in no later than five weeks before the official end of the originally planned stay abroad.

Can I do a semester abroad as a Master's student?

In principle, you can also go abroad in your second Master's semester semester, but it is to be expected that the study project cannot be completed in this semester, as this normally requires regular attendance in person. Regular attendance is normally required. If you start the study project in the first semester, it may also be unfavourable to go abroad in the semester, as this would then conflict with the second semester of the study project.

However, you can also start the study project in the third semester, but this would mean that the final thesis would be in the fifth semester. So if you want to go abroad, it is likely that you will not be able to complete your Master's programme in the minimum period of study. In principle it is conceivable to start the study project earlier, but this is generally not recommended. If participation is restricted, the Master's students have priority in any case.

Recognition of credits

The credits of the semester abroad can either be recognised in the profile-forming elective area or, if individual achievements are relevant to one of the five areas are relevant, also in the respective area. To do this, please contact the first contact the module coordinators with the documents, and with their signature on the form to the Examination Office. You can find information on the procedure here:
How to get approval of foreign university credits (e.g., from your semester abroad)

Going abroad in the 3rd or 4th semester?

It is not formally forbidden to bring forward the semester abroad.
However, it is strongly recommended that you (largely) complete the compulsory courses beforehand, as these cannot usually be transferred as recognized credits from the semester abroad, but they do provide the content basis for being able to take advanced courses during the semester abroad in a meaningful way.
As the mandatory courses usually continue into the fourth semester, a stay abroad before the fifth semester is generally not recommended.

Recognition for two BA degree programmes

In the case of two independent Bachelor's degree programmes, recognition of credits is possible in both degree programmes upon application.

Insurance during your ERASMUS stay
Students should have international accident, liability and health insurance.
It is up to the students themselves to decide where they take out their insurance cover.
Within Europe, students are insured with a health insurance card (EHIC). However, the cover only covers the minimum standards in the respective host country, which means that additional insurance is usually advisable.