Online-Symposium on Computational Neuroscience
Save the date: Thursday, 14th October, 2021
This site is still under construction. For now, all given information is preliminary, but will be updated soon.
Due to the current Corona situation, the symposium will be held online, in a virtual room on our university's BigBlueButton platform; details will be communicated to the accepted candidates early on.
Symposium background and target:
This "search symposium" is hosted by the Institute of Cognitive Science at the University of Osnabrück. It aims at identifying early on suitable candidates for a W1/W2 tenure track position at our university. The W1 position will be financed for 6 years by the German Ministry for Research and Eduation. Afterwards, it will be continued as a W2 professorship on Computational Neuroscience; essentially, the elected candidate will be Prof. König's successor. The official advertisement will be made public towards the end of 2021/beginning of 2022.
Our ideal candidates have got
- research experience in the field of experimental and computer-based Cognitive Neurosciences in humans
- a portfolio of publications in renowned scientific journals
- significant experience in training and analysing deep neuronal networks to model brain functions
- method skills regarding EEG, MEG, fMRI, TMS and Eyetracking as well as advanced analysing techniques in the field of Machine Learning
- expericence in high-classed, conceptual and evaluated teaching (lectures, seminars, tutorials etc.), also applying novel approaches and techniques
- a good command of the German and English language
- We welcome applications for talks and posters from any researchers in the field of Computational Neuroscience. However, in assigning oral presentations, we will give preference to those candidates, who presumably fulfill the criteria of the to be advertised position.
- Please apply by sending a max. 1-page abstract as PDF, possibly including a figure, to Marion Schmitz, with Peter König on cc.
- For full consideration we should receive your application no later than 5th September.