The latest news from research conducted at the Institute of Cognitive Science can be found here:
14. November 2017 : "Open Access-Preis" awarded for the first time!
The University of Osnabrück has launched an award to honour »extraordinary open access publishing engagement«.
The first one to receive this new award is Dr. Basil Wahn from the IKW's Neurobiopsychology lab. Congratulations!
Please read the UOS press release for more details.
04. October 2017 : Top-down information influences eye movements quickly after movie cuts
These studies explored the task influence of on eye movements in dynamic edited scenes. When task relevant, matching regions across cuts are fixated earlier and more often. Participants with viewing intentions made more and earlier fixations on scene regions that matched across cuts, compared to nonmatching scene regions. However, in...
13. August 2017 : Invited talk at the Neurobiopsychology lab on 14th August
Time: 4:00 pm
Location: 50/E04 or E07 ( Wachsbleiche 27)
Guest-speaker: Bianca Sieveritz, MSc
Bio: Ms Sieveritz is a former Osnabrück CogSci student, now persuing her PhD studies at the Okinawa Institute for Science and Technology, and will give insights into her current research.
Title of her talk: Motor thalamic efferents target rat prelimbic cortex: A possible involvement in decision-making?"
13. August 2017 : BCI 2017 Proceedings
Multimodal integration, attention and sensory augmentation?
By Wahn B and König P
04. October 2013 : "The Science of our Minds" – The official promotional video
The Institute of Cognitive Science in Osnabrück proudly presents "The Science of our Minds" – The new official promotional video.
- How does our brain work?
- What is the relationship between mind and brain?
- Is it possible to create artificial intelligence?
These are questions, the scientists at the Institute of Cognitive Science in Osnabrück deal with.